Family Is Forever - Anna  Lee This review can be found at The Armchair Reader.

This is the first story I’ve read by Anna Lee and while it was a bit short, I really enjoyed it. It’s a funny, cute and touching story that ultimately left me with a sweet smile on my face.

The story revolves around Charlotte, the daughter of Devin and Landon, wondering why her Papa and Daddy weren’t married even though they have a family together. What follows is a cute tale where Landon recruits both his daughters, Charlotte and Gracie, to make a special Father’s Day for Devin he’ll never forget.

One of the things I liked about this story was how involved the two daughters were. Out of the whole story, there is probably only one very brief scene in which both daughters are not in it and that made the story very appealing to me. I enjoyed the fact that you can tell there’s actual love between Landon and Devin even after eight years of being partners because there’s no hesitance on Landon’s part when Charlotte brings up the idea of marriage. I liked how we see Charlotte and Landon planning the proposal, how it will take place, where and buying of the rings. It was very sweet how Landon allowed Charlotte to make a lot of decision for Devin’s surprise.

I only had a few hiccups with the story. It’s a bit too short and I think I’d have liked it better if it was longer. To actually see everything taking place in greater detail with maybe more scenes between Devin and Landon would have been something I’d have really liked. Also, at times Charlotte acted six (her age) while at other times she acted twelve. It wasn’t a huge problem just something I noticed.

Overall, I was very pleased with this short story. I liked how involved the kids were and how much it was obvious Devin and Landon cherished and adored them. I thought the author did a good job of mixing the family aspect with still showing the connection between Devin and Landon. It was a very sweet tale and I’ll be looking forward to more stories by Ms. Lee.