Slow Burn (Firefighters, #3) - Tory Temple This review can be found at The Armchair Reader.

It’s been a while since I’ve read the first two stories in this series, Heat and Flashover, almost three years, in fact. I enjoyed that series very much and getting back to them through Slow Burn was both interesting and enjoyable.

This story gives you a glimpse back into the lives of Chance and Tucker. Specifically, you get to see how they take having to host an Open House day at the fire station, which is basically where families can come in and see the trucks and such. Tucker hates Open House days and Chance loves to tease him about it. Dealing with kids leaving messes and fingerprints on his fire engine and dealing with overly flirtatious mothers puts Tucker in a sour mood but Chance promises to make it up to Tuck later and when later comes, it might just put them in a sticky situation.

There were a lot of things I enjoyed about this story. It’s definitely a hot one but I loved how Chance teased Tucker about his dislike of Open House days. I also found it hilarious how Chance threw Tucker to the proverbial wolves by making Tucker play nice with one of the horny moms while Chance went to take care of the kid.

Tucker, of course, isn’t going to let Chance off the hook and when the Open House is over and they’re still at work, he’s got something risky prepared for Chance that involves a big red truck and Chance on his knees. I found this particularly hot because of the whole getting caught appeal. Especially since when they’re almost finished the alarms sound for a call and Chance and Tuck are almost caught with their pants down. Literally.

All in all, this was a good short. I really liked it but I wished it were longer. It gives us a brief look into their lives again. Those who have read the series will enjoy it because they’d know all of what Tuck and Chance have gone through to get where they are and seeing them happy and in love was a real treat.