The Slayer's Apprentice - Zathyn Priest I really loved this one. I was on the edge of my seat reading it trying to figure out who was the Slayer and who wasn't.

I was like 'Oh! It's this guy! No wait! It's this guy!!! OMG, I can't believe it was that guy!!!!' ROFL

The only thing that would have made this book better was if the romance side was more elaborated on. The story mostly revolves around finding out who the serial killer is and how Phoenix fits into that while experiencing how messed up he is. The romance is more like a background crutch which I wanted more of because it was just a little hard to believe Phoenix's emotions about Dan when what was shown, even while in his POV, didn't really hint at what he confesses to later. Of course, Phoenix was so messed up that he probably didn't even know his own feelings about Dan until he was put in a situation that made him actually think about it...

Either way, I absolutely loved it. I definitely recommend it and I'm hoping one day there will be a sequel about these two and how they are coping with everything and what their new life is like.