A Thread of Deepest Black - Finn Marlowe 4.5 stars

I have to admit, what first attracted me to this novel was the cover. Right away, I was drawn to it and every time I would go cruising Samhain's website, I'd always go back to this book. It's just gorgeous *sigh*

To me, this book was outstanding. I got caught up in the feelings of both Colton and Killian. Colton with his brokenness, anger and shame and Killian with his blunt possessiveness, his desire to claim, to care and to use. I was lost to these characters and the way they couldn't help but fall for each other. They buried themselves so deep in my heart, I felt every emotion they felt.

Ms. Marlowe's writing was extremely captivating. It drew me in and even though there was a bit too many sex scenes for my tastes, the writing made me want to read them anyway to see what would happen next in Colton or Killian's minds. To see what new development would come into light that these two characters couldn't help but share even unintentionally with each other. It was enthralling and I didn't want to stop reading. And how could you not love the red ribbon and kisses?! My favorite parts were when either Killian or Colton would say, "No kisses for you!" It was so cute!

Aside from the sex, I'm curious about some things. Curious about the negotiations Killian is supposed to have with the new council? I'd like to see what happens after the three month vacation is over and how Killian's family reacts to him loving a shifter. I would have liked to see more characters in the story like Killian's family (although knowing Lucien is getting his own story makes me giddy ^_^) I'm curious about the Prince. He was quite interesting and I want to know everything about him. He's so young but so talented! I hope he someday gets his own story with a sexy werewolf like Killian. Lol

All in all, this was a great story. I didn't want to put this down once I started it. I can't wait to see what Ms. Marlowe writes next because I love her writing. Definitely recommended.

Fair Warning: This book does contain BDSM elements that involves bondage and whipping. There's also aggressive manhandling that some might call violence but I, however, do not.