Taking Care of Charlie - Amber Kell Books like these are a guilty pleasure for me. They border on the edge of unrealistic but still give me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I read them.

In this case, it was a sweet, short story I enjoyed very much. Marcus' devotion to Charlie and patiently waiting for the right time to finally make Charlie his was extremely sweet to me. I love it when guys have a certain possessiveness when it comes to another. Granted, when it gets into stalker territory it's not as enjoyable but in this case Marcus wanted Charlie to be his and he was willing to wait until the right time. And they were both relieved and happy when that time came.

While I loved the characters, they weren't deeply described except for what they look like. I still know next to nothing about them except that Charlie has a psychotic ex-lover and they met when they were very young. I didn't mind that at all because I took the story as it was. Just a fun read.

There were a few things that weren't described like a 5 week period in which Charlie heals that I was looking forward to reading about and was a bit disappointed when it was skipped over and I felt the ending was a bit rushed for the type of conflict that happened.

Besides that, though, I really enjoyed the story. It was a good late night read and I'll be looking forward to the next in the series. Recommended.