Thirty Days - Shayla Kersten It's hard for me to rate and review this one because it was difficult connecting with the characters. I did like the story but I felt it was underdeveloped. It could have used more details, less glossing over and more character depth.

Of course, there were some aspects of the story I liked. I enjoyed Cavan as a character and how damaged he was as well as how much Biton hurt over his deceased partner and his struggle to allow Cavan to heal properly. I enjoyed the parts hinting at how emotionally messed up Cavan was and I gobbled them up whenever I came across a scene where it showed how damaged he was.

Unfortunately, it could have used about fifty more pages. I felt like I was reading an outline more than an actual story. A problem would arise and not five pages later there was a resolution. I would have liked way more details into their lives, how deep their feelings were and how they'd be genuine, their recovery through Cavan's past and more into their relationship. Instead the story was more a 'wam bam thank you man' type book; quick and somewhat easy but not much to connect with. My main issue with the book, though, was how much it glossed over. I was really looking forward to how Cavan and Biton would use their thirty days of the contract together but one minute it was day three and the next it was three days till the contract ended. I was disappointed to say the least.

All in all, I did like the characters. They are somewhat shallow but likable enough. The plot had a lot of potential but could have used more substance to it. The BDSM element is mild but I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone who dislikes anything beyond simple bondage.

With that said, I'm still looking forward to reading the sequel - Forever - to see how Biton helps heal Cavan further.