Guarding Morgan (Sanctuary, #1) - R.J. Scott 4.5 stars

I really enjoyed this one! The concept of the story is a very interesting one. Having an organization called 'Sanctuary' that protects all those witnesses the FBI or Witness Protection can't is very intriguing.

I loved both these characters. At first, Morgan is a scared man. He's on the run from guys trying to kill him after just being shot at. He doesn't know who he's meeting or what he's going to do now. All he knows is some code words that'll get him to a place that's safe. He's a quiet man who loves to draw. Nik is, at first, brash and blunt. He's exhausted from another case he was on but still agrees to guard Morgan for his ex-partner. The two generally are hot and cold for the first few days. Both trying to not insult the other somehow. It's not long, though, before the underlying lust they have bursts forward and their feelings grow for each other. I loved when they finally got together. The sexual tension between these two was great.

While I loved the book and Morgan and Nik, I was confused for a while on why Morgan was in the situation he was in. I didn't understand how what happened and who he was running from was related or why they'd want Morgan dead. In the end, it was cleared up but I still have questions about it all. I also still have questions about why Morgan is so interested in why the murder he saw happened. He became obsessed with figuring out why towards the end which left the book open-ended and me with even more questions.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. The characters were amazing and the plot was great. I still have questions but I'm hoping the next book in the series answers them. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing who's book comes next and whether Dale will get his own story or maybe even Taylor??? ;-) Recommended.