Escape Velocity - Anah Crow, Dianne Fox I enjoyed this one a lot. The world is extremely fascinating as well as the conflict between the characters and their duties but this was one book I didn't want to put down.

I loved how broken both these characters are. Elios, an important linguist, is afraid to get into a relationship because of how hurt he still is over his last lover leaving him for someone else right when they were supposed to start a family. Sender, a pilot, is ashamed of his desire for other men since it's against his religion. Both these characters aren't looking for anything serious but once they get together they can't stop the feelings that grow. Unfortunately, when something happens back at Sender's home colony, it starts to drift them apart and requires Sender to choose between duty and love.

This world is extremely fascinating with the different colonies and the Pandora project that Elios and Sender's world revolves around. It had a lot of potential but one thing that kept annoying me was how confused I'd get at times. It's a great sci-fi book but while some things are explained, it's not as detailed as I would have liked which caused my confusion. When talk of Pandora happened, I would always have questions about it. What is it? Why do they need to look at it? What is the point of the project? Why would the project take five years? By the end of the book, some things are explained but not everything so I was still left with unanswered questions. I also felt like the story ended too soon. I was hoping to see them go up to Pandora and how they'd make a relationship work up there but it ends before that which makes it feel a bit like a cliffhanger.

However, while I was confused, I truly loved this book. I fell in love with Sender and Elios, Macy and Sender's sister, Katy. Macy is extremely hilarious and does everything he can to smooth Sender and Elios' relationship when it gets rocky because he just wants Sender to be happy and he knows Elios makes Sender happy.

Overall, this was a great book. It's entertaining, fascinating and was very easy for me to immerse myself in. It lacked a few details in places I thought were important but the conflict and the characters more than made up for that especially with how easily I was able to connect with all of them. The problems they go through were fascinating to me and I was happy to see them work through them. It's a fun read while at the same time a tad angsty and intense. Definitely recommended.