By Chance Met - Eressë It's been a long time since I've read either Sacred Fate or Hallowed Bond. I enjoy this series very much because of the world that's been created and the uniqueness of the stories.

One thing that Eressë is always able to do is make me love her characters whether they are sweet and innocent or cold and mean. With this story, Naeth is the sweet, innocent one while Reijir is cold and sometimes mean and harsh. They are drawn to each other from the start, though, and Reijir tries to stay the gentleman and keep his hands to himself until Naeth is no longer 'underage'. It's admirable that Reijir does that but there's also the fact that Reijir doesn't do anything with Naeth because he doesn't trust easily and doesn't want to turn out like his father who was a real monster.

The fact that Reijir doesn't fully trust Naeth starts to wear on their relationship because even the smallest omission from Naeth causes Reijir to withdraw from their relationship. As such, Naeth misunderstands Reijir and believes he is becoming a nuisance to Reijir. Eventually Reijir realizes what he's doing and let's Naeth know his true feelings.

In the beginning, I felt like this was very similar to Sacred Fate but then it goes off into it's own story and became enjoyable. I had some problems in the beginning mostly because I was so confused. I didn't know what was going on or who half these people were. There's a glossary in the back but I don't think it helped me much. The beginning was a bit slow so I wasn't quite drawn into the story until things started to escalate between Naeth and Reijir. In the end, I really enjoyed the story but I was left with some questions about Naeth and his inheritance.

Overall, the story is enjoyable and the world is very fascinating once you get used to some of the wording. The characters and the conflicts they put themselves through were very entertaining and I liked seeing Reijir and Naeth work through it. For all those wondering, yes there are 2 pregnancies in this one. I'm hoping we get to see more of Naeth and Reijir someday because I'd love to see them make a family.