The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins This book was simply amazing. The characters, the world, the descriptions and the suspense made the book fascinating to me. The plot itself made the book interesting and unique.

The writing was simple but still engaging. The voice of Katniss was at times beautiful and torturing because of what she put herself through but I never once didn't like her. I got frustrated with her but never once did I not stop loving who this hard, cold girl was.

What made the book for me, though, was Peeta. I was rooting for him for the whole book. His love for Katniss was something special even when he realized Katniss's feelings may not be as genuine as he thought. He almost gave up his life numerous times to save hers and that made something special bloom inside me for him. Just love that boy. Waaaaaay more than I like Gale.

The plot was something different and one that had me on the edge of my seat because in this dystopia/post apocalyptic world people are sacrificed every year in a barbaric game called The Hunger Games. It was excruciating to read because only one victor can live which means we go through reading knowing people will die. Even the ones we grow to love and adore. While it was excruciating, I couldn't stop reading it. I never once wanted to put the book down. In fact, I wanted it to be longer so I could keep reading and reading. But eventually, I had to move onto book two.