Chuffed - Tia Fielding 4.5 stars

This book was great but the ending of the epilogue made it even better. Who knew being chuffed at could be so cute? And emotional. Lol.

This was a short and easy read that had a simple but intense feel to it. I really enjoyed it because I've always loved stories that offer sanctuary homes. Add into the fact that Mikael is a half-shifter made things a little bit more interesting.

I liked the mix of all the shifters and how they were extremely loyal to Mikael even though he couldn't shift. I really liked Mikael because there's just something about him that is very appealing and charming. When Maxim came into the picture, I thought it was going to be instant mate but surprisingly it was not so that was a nice touch. Maxim had a lot to heal from and even when he was healed he needed to work things out. I really liked the fact that Maxim's pride was so easily bruised but he still maintained an aura of control.

The main conflict of the book was a bit predictable but it was entertaining seeing all the shifters on the farm come together. I really enjoyed the story but I wished it had been longer because a lot of information is told instead of shown so sometimes days/weeks/months at a time are over. I would have liked to see these things happen instead of being told of what has transpired while there was a scene break. But the world is such an interesting one with the Council and the Sanctuary. Once I started the book, I didn't want to stop. I especially liked that this was based in Finland and how the author incorporated some Finnish into the story as well. Is it accurate? I have no idea but it sounded good. LOL

Overall, I loved the book. It is easily something I could reread and I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series because I'm curious who will show up next and who will get their HEA next.