Making Promises - Amy Lane It's been years since I read Keeping Promise Rock but I put off reading this book for a while after I bought it. Why? I honestly have no idea. Maybe I didn't want my heart to be ripped out of my chest, ran over by a stampede then put back together with glue?

In any case, when I finally read this, I absolutely loved it. Even more than Keeping Promise Rock. Ms. Lane has such an amazing ability to get me so drawn into a story I don't want to put it down. I absolutely loved Mikhail and Shane. They both had their flaws and their problems but yet they fit together and healed each other when no one else could. It's a sweet yet sad story. Watching these two work through their problems made me tear up a few times but it was also fascinating to see how they handled it all.

One thing I really loved about this book was Mikhail's witty, sarcastic, defensive humor. I found myself cracking up at the way Mikhail would talk to Shane but rather than it being mean, it came across as affectionate. Shane took everything in stride with a calm presence. I loved that he's so lovable, that he has such a huge heart. And I'm glad Mikhail was there to keep that heart safe because Shane has a horrible, yet admirable, problem of putting everyone before himself!

The story is slow yet easy to read. There's multiple conflicts ranging from injuries to bigotry to grieving and more that they both have to get through and even some scenes that had me hanging on the edge of my seat. I'm glad things worked out for these two because they both deserve to be happy.

Overall, definitely a great addition to the series. I'm looking forward to reading Living Promises and hope to see more of Mikhail and Shane someday :)