Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) - Thea Harrison This was my first book by Thea Harrison and one I really enjoyed reading.

There were a lot of things I loved about this book. It's extremely funny. Not only is Dragos so adorably cute but he's naive when it comes to modern things so seeing his reaction to things like Twizzlers and Slurpees was hilarious. Pia is also so sarcastic and sometimes horrified by her sarcasm that I was literally laughing out loud more than once. The book is very fast paced and suspenseful which I really liked. Pia is such a badass heroine that you can't help but like her. Dragos is so dangerous and possessive that you can't help but love the way he manhandles Pia so much.

The world is pretty fascinating because there was all different types of mythical creatures like dragons, gryphons, harpies, and thunderbirds. I LOVED reading about them. There's also the different societies and how they're divided into Elder Races like Dark Fae, Elves, Vampires, etc. It's detailed enough on how everything works to satisfy my need for more details but not so detailed that you're overwhelmed by all the information you're given. The secondary characters are just as great as Pia and Dragos were. Tricks and Graydon were some of my favorites because they were funny and compassionate. I can't wait to read their stories.

Some things I didn't like about the story, though, is that I was confused a few times (mostly in the beginning). Not only by Pia and her powers but on how some things happened. Aside from that, there was one section that seemed to drag for me. This is because Pia's inner dialogue was a bit too much. She'd go in circles about the same thing so I lost some interest. However, it soon picked up so I was able to get back into the book.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the story. It's entertaining and has so much to it that I was fascinated with all the different shifters, societies and rules. I'm looking forward to the next book.