Bonds of Justice - Nalini Singh Just as with the other books in this series, I loved this one. The world is so fascinating and the plots are so complex and emotional. I love the fact that it's not just hearts and roses but that the characters, Max and Sophia, have to work for their love and to get an HEA.

To be honest, I was hesitant to read this story because I'm more fond of the Psy and Changelings than I am the Humans but once I started this story, I fell in love with it. I loved how damaged and evil Sophia is, more than any other Psy. Her abilities make her a monster but Max doesn't care. I loved how Max handled Sophia and her problems. It was sweet and intense because he's forceful and dominating but not condescending about it.

One thing I really love about this series is how, while it's focused on the romance between the characters and the troubles of intermingling, there's still a conflict that deals with an outside force like a serial killer or people targeting a certain group. In this book, Max and Sophia are dealing with a serial killer than is as psychotic as you can get and has fixated on Sophia. So much stuff happens with that but, IMO, it complimented the story instead of hindering it. I also enjoyed how Max and Sophia had to work together for a Councilor and that we got so much of Kaleb! I really love that deadly and dangerous Psy.

All in all, a great addition to the series. After finishing this one I immediately moved on to the next and loved it just as much. Definitely recommended to those people who want romance and suspense but want their MCs to work for it.