Dirty Kiss - Rhys Ford I put off reading this story for a while because I knew it didn't have an HEA. When I heard the sequel was upcoming, I decided to finally take the plunge and I'm really glad I did because I enjoyed the book very much!

I'm not going to rehash the plot because no doubt there's numerous reviews already on it. Instead, I'm just going to say that it's not a perfect book. In fact, if you have problems with unanswered questions, HFN endings, closeted gay men, or even romance plots that are secondary to a mystery then you most likely won't enjoy this book.

What I loved about it is that the characters, while not exactly as fleshed out as I would have liked, felt very real. They've gone through events that changed both of them. They're lovable characters because you feel sympathy for them but they're also hot because of the intensity between Jae and Cole. It's scorching but as I said, it's not the focal point of the story. The book is very suspenseful. In fact, I was hanging on the edge of my seat for a bit towards the end. There's so many secondary characters and suspects brought in, that you're kept guessing who the killer is.

Like I said, the book does have its faults. There were a bunch of Korean words (or some type of foreign language) with no explanation of what they meant so I was left confused a time or two. A lot of characters got shot in the face or head, that was pretty much the go to injury for the whole story. There's also the fact that Cole and Jae acquired several very serious injuries but tended to forget about them after about a day or two. From experience, I know the pain doesn't go away within a day's time when it's something serious. Then, of course, there's the fact that I wanted to know about Cole's deceased work and life partners! There was not enough explanation on that because I still want to know why Ben did what he did! And that's just one of the many unresolved questions I have.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I might have let loose a cuss word or two when I finished the story but it was pleasantly suspenseful with just enough romance and sexual tension to make this book fascinating. I can't wait for the sequel!