Sounds of Love (Senses and Sensations, #1)

Sounds of Love  - Susan Laine I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this book. When it first came out, the cover kept catching my attention but I never picked it up. When I started reading, however, I was so enamored with the writing, Jordan's voice and the fact one character has a disability that I was immediately drawn into the story and didn't want to put it down.

What one needs to know, however, is that this is a slow-burn book. There are sporadic scenes of suspense but otherwise it is filled with sexual tension, flirting and teasing between Jordan and Sebastian. There isn't much else to it. It is about Jordan overcoming being emotionally stunted and finally taking that leap into a relationship as well as Sebastian learning even though he's disabled (he's deaf) he's still strong and can be physically and emotionally independent.

There are no doubt problems with this story but I was so captivated by these boys I didn't even notice any. The relationship Jordan and Sebastian create is based on more than just sex. It's based on actual attraction, likes and dislikes, knowing the family, but understanding each other down to their cores. Then there's a little side plot about Jordan's brother, Jack, and Jordan's partner, Kevin, that was very touching and cute.

Overall, this was exactly the type of book I, unknowingly, was looking for and it was amazing. I know for a fact I'll be rereading this. So, if you're looking for a sweet, realistic tale between a deaf man and an emotionally stunted guy then this is the book for you. It's quirky, cute and funny, filled with tension.