Heat Under Fire - Andrew  Grey 3.5 stars

I really liked this one. It's an easy read and exactly what I needed with the funk I've been in.

I really liked Justin. His inability to talk to people he finds attractive was pretty cute in the beginning. I found it amusing that he had to talk to the wall or face away from Rock to be able to talk to him. We get to know Justin pretty well, seeing him during his job, with his family, and then how he tries to deal with this relationship he's managed to form with Rock. I loved Rockland, too, but he had almost no character depth in this book so I didn't really know him, which is one of my complaints. Then again, I didn't read the previous books in this series, so that might have been the reason why I felt like Rock didn't have much depth.

I was surprised by this book. It starts off semi suspenseful and continually gives off brief moments of suspense throughout the whole book. I really loved that because it let me see Justin at work and the kind of situations cops get into. I loved that Justin finally stood up to his family. His mom is a serious piece of work and she needed to be slapped! I liked the relationship that Rock and Justin were forming but I really wished that there had been more of it. I think that was my biggest issue. They were sweet together but I felt like the story ended really abruptly. There are a lot of unanswered questions so I'm hoping that there's more to their story to come.

Overall, not a bad story. It's an easy, fun read that has sporadic adrenaline fueled moments. I liked both characters and the fledgling relationship they're forming so I really hope we'll get to see more of them soon!