Taming The Lion Tamer - Caitlin Ricci This review can be found at The Armchair Reader.

I enjoyed this story very much. It’s short and sweet but definitely one of those books that leaves you with warm and fuzzy feelings.

Quinn owns and runs the Amherst Big Cat Sanctuary. Given the opportunity, he takes one of his favorite cats, Aseem, to be drawn by animation artists in the hopes it’ll gain him some more exposure and inform people on these dangerous and endangered animals. While there, he meets Charlie, one of the artists, and is instantly smitten. Inviting Charlie up to the sanctuary for the weekend is an impulsive move but one that ends rather happily for both Quinn and Charlie.

I loved how this book started. Aseem is supposed to be this big and scary, but young, Asiatic Lion but is instead lazy and friendly. You’d think he was Quinn’s pet because of how obedient he is until you remember he’s a real live lion. The story of how Quinn came upon Aseem broke my heart and how close they are together made me go ‘awwwww’ multiple times.

Quinn, while outwardly calm, confident and assured is really kinda of socially awkward and tends to blurt out some things to Charlie he doesn’t mean to say. I found it adorable how nervous Charlie made him. Charlie is sort of the same. He’s nervous around Quinn but there’s a compulsion to be together and see each other again. I found it cute how they interacted together and how easily Charlie blushed at the things Quinn said or suggested.

My only problem is I felt like the relationship developed too fast but it’s offset by the fact they aren’t declaring their love which suited me greatly because it didn’t feel so much like insta-love by then. And although it felt a bit rushed and ended abruptly, I still really enjoyed the story. I would have liked it to be more developed with a bit more build-up after their weekend and the subsequent acceptance of Charlie’s new job, though. I think I’d also liked to have seen more of Charlie’s art and more of Aseem towards the end.

Overall, this was a cute and sweet story and I loved that the idea revolved around dangerous cats. I was also intrigued by the story Quinn told of his ex, Alvin. I wouldn’t mind getting a peak into his relationship! Especially since Quinn is still good friends with him. I could definitely read more about Quinn and Charlie (and Aseem!) someday, too! Definitely recommended for those looking for something quick and cute.