How to Raise an Honest Rabbit - Amy Lane In The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters, I was intrigued by Jeremy - the ex-con man that told tall tales, could never shut up and seemed a little shifty at times. This story is told before, during and after the first book. It starts years before and tells of how Jeremy was, what made him clean up his act and how he ultimately got to Granby, Colorado. It tells of his slowly developing friendship with Aiden and the feelings that come after.

This was a very sweet and heartwarming story. There's a lot of internal monologue but I loved Jeremy. He was a bad guy but he has a good heart. I loved his almost childish delight in everything about Rance's business - the knitting, the animals, all of it. It was very, very cute. Aiden was an interesting character. He's determined and persistent but patient which are good qualities when handling Jeremy who tried to run at the smallest thing. They were cute together. I wish Aiden had been a bit more developed because I really don't know much about him but I still really liked him. I also wished we'd had seen more of his family.

All in all, a really nice story. It's just adorable. That's the best way I can explain it. I loved them but I really wish it had been longer. I want to see Jeremy and Aiden as a couple more and see those roots they are putting down.