The Druid Stone - Heidi Belleau, Violetta Vane This review can be found at The Armchair Reader.

This story was... hard for me to get into. The world is extremely interesting. If I could rate on just that, I'd give this book five stars but I can't because I struggled with other factors within the story.

What I liked is how desperate Sean was to stop reliving Cormac's ex-lovers death. I also liked how shattered Cormac still is about his past. It made for some interesting conflicts between them. I also liked the chemistry they could have had together. Bits and pieces are shown but the full potential there wasn't achieved, IMO. More than anything, I wished their relationship had been more developed because, while they might have had some attraction, I didn't feel like there was any connection between them at all. In fact, I felt like there was always Cormac's ex-lover that Cormac would put before anything else, including Sean, and I didn't think that was fair to Sean, especially after everything he just did for Cormac.

As I said, the world is very interesting. It's intriguing and captivating but I didn't enjoy how it was handled. I was confused most of the time about what was going on. I couldn't understand how Sean and Cormac would get into these situations, and while they were intense and interesting, it didn't really make sense. This made reading the story difficult and I think what made the book also drag for me. I just really struggled with it. More than anything, though, the ending is what frustrates me. Sean and Cormac changed the past but nothing in the present changes?! That made no sense to me at all. Also, while I found the ending very sweet, it came out of left field for me. Sean and Cormac love each other but I'm wondering how that development happened because I didn't see it in the writing. I also really wished we got to see their time in D.C. because I felt like the ending was very abrupt in not showing that.

All in all, amazing world building but everything else I was just confused on. The events they go through and how they end up where they do, didn't add up for me. I was confused on so many things that by the end, I was a bit disappointed by not only the journey they go on but the supposed love they've seemed to have developed off screen. Some people will really enjoy this one but it missed its mark with me.