Ascendance - Lissa Kasey I really enjoyed this one but then again, I really love this series. In this one we learn more about Sei's power as a pillar and his family on his dad's side.

Sei was a bit more whiny than usual and he made some very rash decisions which sort of pushes Gabe away. What I really liked about this one, though, is how we got to see more into the side of Sei's family he really doesn't know about. We got to see his dad through journals and dreams and such which was awesome because we even got to see his mom when she was nice! It's a bit shocking what Sei is forced into but I'm really looking forward to seeing how he works through the situations he's managed to get himself into now.

My only reservations is that, while it was suspenseful, I didn't really understand what was going on towards the end. Maybe I'm a bit dense but I was confused. More than that, I really wished there had been more of Gabe and Sei as a couple. Sei's running seemed to backtrack on their relationship, which is very sad because they were just starting to move toward a trusting relationship!

Overall, a good story. It kept me interested and I'm really looking forward to seeing where Ms. Kasey takes the series from here.