Run with the Moon - Diana DeRicci I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It's not terribly bad but there are a lot of problems with it. I liked the characters mostly because I found it amusing that Jaime kept getting hurt. He pretty much couldn't be left alone without somehow getting injured, which then Chris would become a mother hen. I actually found that cute. I liked that Chris wasn't a nasty shifter who hated humans. I feel like lately there's been a lot of shifter books I've been reading that has that element. Thankfully it's not in this one but Chris, in the beginning, was an interesting character. As the story progressed, though, I felt like he was becoming very needy and I wasn't enjoying that.

When I picked up this book, I was fully expecting a paranormal storyline that I could sink my teeth into. Unfortunately, throughout most of the story, aside from a few odd comments here and there, I kept thinking this was a contemporary. The paranormal part doesn't come into play until the last quarter of the book. Granted, there are a few scattered scenes that bring in the shifter element but I kept forgetting there were shifters in this story. That was my biggest problem with it, I think. I didn't feel the shifter world and I honestly thought the whole town were shifters until the end where I learned that was not the case. More than that, with the mysteries within this story, I kept wondering WHY the shifters didn't use their super noses to sniff out the culprits. One time they did this but after that, it was like they forgot they could smell things humans couldn't. There were so many pieces missing that the conflicts revolving around the fires at the clinic and Jaime's dad just made things even worse. When questions are answered, they're cheap, quick explanations that neither satisfied me nor made me happy with the story.

Overall, this was an okay read. The author didn't do a very good job of balancing the shifter world with the human problems. It felt too much like a contemporary to be, to the point that when the shifter aspect came into play I was confused on why. The characters are cute but the conflicts, the resolutions and the ultimate ending are severely lacking in originality. Hopefully, the next story has a better balance between everything because I just can't get over the fact this didn't have as much paranormal in it as I was expecting!