Accidental Alpha (Pack Partners) - Poppy Dennison I adored this story! It's a quick read but I found Lex absolutely sexy and Spencer so adorable. It was easy for me to get hooked on the book and being a shifter lover I liked how Ms. Dennison gave the typical wolf shifters a slight twist in how the Alpha of the pack is chosen.

Lex is this grumpy ex-cop that just wants to be left alone. He's so annoyed at his neighbor Spencer because he thinks Spencer is always having these parties that disturb Lex's quiet life. In reality, Spencer is a werewolf and that's his pack visiting him. Lex learns all this when he's bitten and forced into the role of the pack's Alpha. I found Lex's reaction to becoming Alpha hilarious but also liked how he came to terms with it all and his actions while getting accustomed to having claws and sharp teeth. I thought of Spencer as the motherhen of the pack. Everyone relies on him and adores him but he'll always be there for everyone. It's really cute and means he fits perfectly with Lex now! :D

I liked that this book showed the struggle of Lex trying to refrain from claiming Spencer as his mate (even though he didn't realize what was happening at first). If anything, I wished this book had been longer so we could have gotten more of these boys, learned more about them and how things work out from here but I loved it too much to not mind all that much that this is a brief glimpse into their bonding. Mostly, though, this book is about Lex taking up as Alpha and mending the broken connections that cause some of the pack to feel like outsiders. It was nice to see that play out and how much Lex helped in making the pack better and overall a whole 'family'.

I can't wait to see where this series goes from here and to get deeper into the world that's been created. Plus, all the characters were so fascinating and lovable to me and I really hope we get Nathan's story soon because I feel really bad for him and he deserves some happiness!