A Chip in His Shoulder - L.A. Witt I found this story quite fascinating. Although, it ended way too soon, IMO!

I loved the fact it's scifi with vampires and enemies to lovers. It was interesting to see the play of emotions go through Liam with him having to kill his ex-lover (who he still loves but denies it) and then getting caught in a situation where he has to rethink everything. I really wished we got some of Daniel's POV because I think it would have been interesting to see his hatred for all things mods but being in love with a person who has more mods than probably anyone else.

I loved how, even though this is a short story, we were able to get a feel for the world AND know both Liam and Daniel beyond the surface. This story has both suspense and bloody action. It was intriguing to see Liam and Daniel reconnect after five years being apart.

I only wish the story had been longer! It ended without having anything resolved. Daniel's father is still out there plotting Daniel's demise and both Daniel and Liam are now in even more danger. While I enjoyed their reunion, I really wished it had solved some of the other conflicts regarding the situations they were forced into.

Overall, a very good story. I'm really looking forward to the sequel and, hopefully, getting some answers to all the questions I still have.