Texas Rough (Texas Soul, #1) - Sara York 2.5 stars

I didn't really like this book... but then I did. I can't resist cowboys especially damaged cowboys and Lane is just that. After being burned by a past lover, joining the army and getting injured, he's now the foreman on a ranch. I liked that he was still broken up about all that happened to him and I liked that he lusted after the owner's son, Gresh.

I liked Gresh, too. I felt like his attraction was genuine and that he really did care for Lane. He's a bit forceful but Lane seemed to crave and enjoy that and it was kind of hot seeing that take place in the bedroom. Although there was way too much sex, IMO. Although I liked how their relationship developed because I found some moments very cute.

What I didn't like about the story was the whole love-triangle. Riley, a doctor, really annoyed me and I honestly hate him. He can't take no for an answer and keeps pushing and pushing Lane to test his 'love' for Gresh. I just grew annoyed with the direction this book took. I didn't like the constant occurrence of how Lane was attracted to Riley even though he loved Gresh. And I didn't like how Lane just let Riley grope and kiss him constantly. I didn't like that Riley kept pursuing Lane even after he knew Gresh and him were in a relationship. I also felt like the ending was way out of place. Gresh's father's reaction to it all just didn't add up to the chaos he caused in Gresh's life. I also felt like I was missing something in the epilogue.

All in all, not a bad story exactly. I loved the beginning but really hated the second half. It just went downhill after Lane met Riley, IMO. At this point, I'm not sure if I'll read the sequel or not. I'm just too annoyed at Riley.