Long Tall Drink - L.C. Chase I really loved this story. I put off reading it for so long because I thought it would contain a lot of smut but imagine my surprise when it was the exact opposite!

I loved the attraction and intensity between Travis and Ray. It was so thick that every interaction between them was layered with sexual tension. It was so nice to finally read a cowboy story that didn't have them jumping into bed right away. These boys are so different but they crave the same things. Travis is a drifter, he's a great horse trainer but he moves from one ranch to another before cowboys figure out he's gay. He likes his carefree life but deep down, he just wants a home he can be safe in. Ray is the owner of Ford Creek Ranch. He's content with his life even though he wishes he could be out and proud.

When Travis and Ray meet, there's an instant attraction and when Travis asks for a job and Ray accepts, things start to get a little too heated on the ranch. I really loved these boys but I also liked the ranch hands especially Jesse because they were so accepting of Travis being there. I also liked how Travis found a kindred spirit in Jesse and took him under his wing. It was rather sweet.

My only reservation is I felt like the ending was too abrupt. I wished things hadn't ended so soon after Travis' accident because I really would have liked to see if coming out affects Ray's ranch business or not. I'd also liked to have seen how the ranch accepted Travis and Ray. So much emphasis was put on the consequences of coming out but then when they do come out, none of it was seen, which I found a little sad.

Other than that, this was a very well-written story (although sometimes it was overly descriptive), the characters are well developed, and the secondary characters bring enough support to make them stand out without taking over the book. I really enjoyed it and I sincerely hope there's a sequel in the works for Jesse and Clay!