Beyond the Highland Mist (The Highlander Series, Book 1) - Karen Marie Moning I'm not quite sure what to say about this one. It started off promising and intriguing. I liked that Adrienne could say no to Hawk and that Hawk was insulted and frustrated by it but easily developed feelings for her.

The slow progression of the story was deliciously filled with sexual tension. I really enjoyed that. Plus, Hawk was seriously hot and his jealousy over the smithy, Adam, was great.

Eventually, though, I grew tiresome of Adrienne's rejections. I also grew tired of Adam. I didn't like him from the start and his lack of care for anyone but himself grew annoying. He also couldn't take no for an answer and then resorted to trickier to get Adrienne to chose him when he knew he couldn't sway her with his sexual prowess.

Because of that, the story ended up dragging about half way through. It was hard for me to pick it back up because I knew there were a lot more rejections to come. I stuck to it, though, and I finally got to the good part where Adrienne and Hawk get together. But then they're broken up by Adam which was frustrating. I also grew annoyed at Hawk being "the Hawk" all the time. Whenever he was mentioned, he was "the Hawk". I don't understand the emphasis on "the". His nickname is Hawk. Not "the" Hawk.

I loved the ending. It's sweet but it's over way too fast. After all the torture Adrienne puts Hawk through, I was expecting more of their time together but instead it's covered in less than two chapters. I was very disappointed.

Overall, not a bad book but not really a great start to the series. The fae are interesting, though, so I'll be looking forward to what mischief they create in later books.