Looks Over (Gives Light, #2) - Rose Christo This is probably one of my favorite YA series. It has a certain depth to it that made me actually think about things outside my safe little world. I adored everything about this story from the characters to the conflict to the resolutions.

I love that even thought Skylar can't speak he's still managed to make such a great life on the reservation. An even better life than he had before. He has friends, family and people who care about him, care about his opinions. I adore Skylar for the simple fact that he's still a sarcastically funny and entertaining teenager. Then again, I also love Rafael because, while he's managed to make friends, he's still a pretty dark and grumpy kid. Skylar and Rafael together are just so sweet and beautiful it's hard to picture them ever hurting one another. And I liked that about them. It feels like they are actually meant to be together (and they are!) but it's nice that their relationship is accepted.

As with all the books in this series, Looks Over holds more than one conflict throughout its pages. We deal with social services, how the government treats Native Americans, and even family secrets that feel like betrayal. There's more to the story than just that but I don't want to get into much detail about it because I think it's better to figure it out yourself than to get spoilered on such things. While I loved the story, there are still some unanswered questions. Although, I'm happy to report that most, if not all, the questions I had left over from [b:Gives Light|15810499|Gives Light (Gives Light, #1)|Rose Christo|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344491925s/15810499.jpg|21535494] are answered in this one but there are a few new questions I was really curious about. Questions like why did Zeke stop hanging out with William? Why didn't Zeke go back to Sky's house after the incident? But my most burning question is what was the third birth certificate??? Why does he have three? Two I can understand but the mention of the third one, I must have missed!

All in all, just like [b:Gives Light|15810499|Gives Light (Gives Light, #1)|Rose Christo|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344491925s/15810499.jpg|21535494], this book was a phenomenally beautiful read. It's sweet, intense, heartbreaking, and has so many conflicts that I never once got bored. I loved getting to see all the characters again and getting to know other ones. I loved being so thoroughly thrust into Sky's life, how the reservation works, and the problems all Native Americans face. This series is an eye opener but it is so fantastic, I'd recommend it to everyone who enjoys YA books.