Why the Star Stands Still (Gives Light, #4) - Rose Christo I can't express how much I love this series. So much happens that makes it heart-breaking but it is so beautiful that Skylar and Rafael's story is nothing short of fantastic. And this book was definitely a great ending to a wonderful series.

This story picks up fifteen years after [b:St. Clair|16037018|St. Clair (Gives Light , #3)|Rose Christo|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348158405s/16037018.jpg|21810638] ends, so Skylar and Rafael are men now. Married, living together, and as happy as they can be. All they're missing is a kid of their own. It was interesting to see everyone so much older, so mature with new lives. I found this one the funniest of the series. I was cracking up so much and it was great to finally meet more of Rafael's family members (who are hilarious!). I really liked how this one was able to have some connection with Sky's time in foster care. I adored Michaela, the little girl that Sky and Raf adopt, the troubles she puts them through but also the joy of finally having everything they've wanted. More than that, Sky's dad is finally out of prison and his transition into the real world was extremely sad but I loved the way it was handled.

I loved the fact that Skylar has a voice now but I also loved the fact that Skylar and Rafael's relationship has stayed so strong over the years even with everything they've gone through. It was also great to see Sky finally put on weight! He was always such a skinny thing! But it was awesome to see how much Rafael didn't mind that at all. Skylar is still his sarcastically funny self and Rafael is still a messy, grumpy guy. They are just so cute together I can't help but smile every time I think about them!

My only problems with the story is that I was sad we never actually got to see Rafael and Skylar go through their wedding nor get to see Rafael give Skylar his voice back. There's also the fact that Skylar had a second bout of cancer a few years before this story. It is not a major thing but I know I was really looking forward to seeing Skylar and Rafael getting married at least, seeing how a same-sex couple does such a thing in the Shoshane culture. I also really, really missed Sky's Granny! I loved that lady to pieces!

In the end, this is one of the best YA series I've ever read. I was taken on an emotional roller coaster through so many problems. The characters have so much depth that it is hard not to fall in love with them. The situations all of them have to go through is gut-wrenching but eye-opening, even after so many books and so many years between them. I know this is a series that I'll be able to reread over and over. It was a great experience to read about the journey that Skylar and Rafael go on and how their love withstood everything. So inspiring and an amazing series, even with its faults. Definitely recommended to everyone!!