Never a Hero - Marie Sexton It's taken me a while to write this review because while I enjoyed it, I still had to digest my feelings towards it.

When I started, I couldn't help but think it was very similar to [b:Second Hand|15765658|Second Hand (Tucker Springs, #2)|Heidi Cullinan|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1343014602s/15765658.jpg|21469702] in that both start with a guy mourning a girl leaving. In this case, it's not as intense as Second Hand and obviously the situation is different, I just couldn't help but feel that déjà vu. With that said, I did enjoy the story. It's not perfect but I loved Owen. He got a bit too melancholy at times but I couldn't help but like him and connect with him. I just found him appealing. Nick is a bit different in that you can't really get a sense of him but you can't help but like him as well. He's a gentleman, very genuine, very sweet and very studly. When all is said and done, they make a cute couple.

My biggest problem with this story was the length and the elements within it. I loved the conflicts Ms. Sexton put within the story. It's about healing, IMO, and gaining the confidence to live your own life. With that said, I didn't like how some things weren't addressed to their maximum potential. Mainly, the problem with Nick and why he wouldn't get close to Owen. I felt like that was handled poorly on Nick's part but also that there wasn't enough focus on it after the big reveal nor was there enough talking about it between Nick and Owen, in my eyes. On the other hand, I did like the extent to which Ms. Sexton went with Owen growing a backbone and how Owen kind of just snapped. I could see that actually happening so it made it that much more enjoyable.

In the end, I enjoyed the story very much. I liked the characters and most of the conflicts they had to get through. I adored Nick's sister because she was so feisty and free spirited. She made this potentially angsty book not so angsty, which I appreciated. I would be interested in reading more about Owen and Nick one day. So far this is my favorite in the Tucker Springs series, I think, so I'd recommend it to readers looking for something semi-light with funny moments and an ultimately sweet read.