Alaska, With Love (Assassin/Shifter, #2) - Sandrine Gasq-Dion I won't deny that this is far from a perfect book. It has a lot of issues but I also won't deny that there's something that keeps you reading. Whether it's the characters, the author's voice or simply because the story is just that addictive...

I adored Josh and Mark. I felt really bad for what Mark went through but I loved the fact that Josh was so protective of Mark even if it meant protecting him from Josh. More than anything I liked the fact that it expanded to Alaska and we got to experience more characters and also see the world the author is starting to build. One character I really loved was the wolf Dakota who was so cute and helpful. I just wanted to squeeze him!

My issues with the story are the same as they were for the previous book and that's because this series seriously lacks editing. I was constantly brought out of the flow of the book because of inconsistencies, grammar issues, lack of punctuations, etc. There was also too much sex for me again and in the end I kept wondering WHY Raoul put Mark through everything he put him through. It was something that really left me scratching my head and ultimately didn't make sense to me.

In the end, it's a cute little story. It's easy to read but I feel like readers should go into this series knowing that you might have trouble with the lack of editing and the fact that when you REALLY think about everything, it doesn't really make sense lol.