Strength of the Wolf (The Tameness of the Wolf, #2) - Kendall McKenna

When I read Strength of the Pack a few months ago, I knew it was a series that I couldn't wait to read more of so when I noticed this book was coming out, I just HAD to read it.

I'm happy to say that I loved this one as much as the previous one. Although, this book is quite different than Strength of the Pack and deals more with the intricacies of wolves in the military than with just the military itself. Whereas SotP was fast paced and intense this one is more slow and languid but in a good way.

I found Tim and Jeremy together fascinating. The transition that Jeremy must go through to become a True Alpha was interesting to see but I also enjoyed seeing Tim help Jeremy with the transition. When we first meet Jeremy, he's hostile and almost feral but as the story progresses, we see him as playful, intense and caring. I loved how he developed over the course of the book from sorta timid to this confident creature who could take down anyone (besides Noah :P). Tim, from the get go, is already confident and self-assured. He's strong and makes a perfect mate to Jeremy. I liked that even though Tim was promoted, we still see him somewhat in action with the military but more than anything I adored the bond the two of them created.

I liked that we got to go deeper in the nature of the wolves, to experience some of how they work and the numerous rituals they have. There wasn't as much action and suspense as with the previous book but we still experience the military aspects and we finally get to see the transition a true alpha goes through to become so strong. I happen to think Ms. McKenna writes the best (and accurate) military stories I've read so I adored reading the jargon and seeing all these military boys in their elements but I also liked that Tim's military world flowed well into Jeremy's civilian life. It was a good balance, IMO, especially since parts of the story deal with the military finally doing something to make things better for the wolves in their service.

To be honest I loved the book but I couldn't really remember why Noah and Lucas were so different. I thought it was because Noah was a True Alpha but that's not right because Jeremy and Tim don't have the type of connection that Lucas and Noah do (there's still the bond it just doesn't give them the same abilities). Besides that there was a tiny bit too much sex for my liking even if I did find Jeremy and Tim together extremely hot. I also wished the final conflict had been more detailed, so we could have experienced it fully.

All in all, I love this series, the world the author has created and the great characters that inhabit it. I can't wait to read the next book and to finally see a mating between two wolves! I can already feel it's going to be intense!

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/683902597